Member Area Login

If this is the first time you are logging into the ASA website or you can't remember your password, please select Get a new password below to be sent a link to your registered email address.


Overseas trained sonographers

Overseas trained sonographers wishing to practice in Australia or New Zealand must apply to the relevant authority for certification to practice in either country.


In Australia, overseas trained sonographers must apply to the Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy (ASMIRT) for a Certificate of Recognition in Ultrasound. Overseas trained sonographers require this Certificate of Recognition in Ultrasound to become an ASAR Accredited Medical Sonographer.

New Zealand

In New Zealand, overseas trained sonographers must apply to the Medical Radiation Technologists Board (MRTB) to have their education and clinical experience assessed against set criteria. The MRTB is also responsible for issuing the Annual Practice Certification, which all sonographers must hold in New Zealand.

Other items of interest
Our platinum partners
Canon Medical
GE Healthcare
Siemens Healthineers

Sponsored advertising - want to advertise? Click here