COVID and Events
Due to changing COVID restrictions, delivery of events can change at very short notice. We assure you that if you have registered for an event and it is postponed you will be notified as soon as possible and offered a refund, or cost transfer to the rescheduled event.
Also, with social distancing in place we are not able to offer the same capacity at events as we normally would. We are working towards a solution where the same event may be held on a number of occasions to satisfy demand. Thank-you for your patience.
If you have already registered or looking to register for any upcoming events, please reconsider your attendance if you have experienced any of the following in the 14 days prior to the event:
- Have you been unwell with any cold or flu like symptoms including: fevers, cough, vomiting, diarrhoea, night sweats or chills, or acute respiratory infection including cough shortness of breath or sore throat?
- Have you travelled to an identified hotspot, returned from overseas or from a cruise in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with a confirmed, or suspected case of COVID-19
For events that are now open to members the following restrictions apply:
Attendees must be registered for the event through the ASA
Do not attend if unwell.
Do not attend if in self-isolation period.
Keep 1.5 metres away from others.
Do not make unnecessary physical contact with others. Avoid physical greetings, such as handshakes, hugs and kisses.
Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth.
Minimise touching of surfaces.
Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser on entering an event.
Frequently wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser during the event.
Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze. Use a flexed elbow or a tissue; if you use a tissue, dispose of it immediately and appropriately.
Clean up after yourself by placing rubbish in bins provided and avoiding putting items such as phones on meal surfaces etc.
Please note- event restrictions and requirements can change very quickly and the ASA will inform you of any changes prior to the event via email or text message.
The ASA Alice Springs Branch warmly invites you to a fun evening of socialising and learning.
Come along to the interesting case night and share your best case or pathology review. This is also a great opportunity for students to hone their presentation skills in a friendly and supportive environment. Of course, you can attend theevening without needing to present.
Guidelines for presenting a case study:
- Presentations should be approximately 5-7 minutes in length
- Ensure that patient ID is removed from images and clips
- A suggested presentation structure includes: title, patient history, images/clips highlighting key learning points, patient follow-up and outcomes
- Presentations should be uploaded to a USB and it is recommended that images are also uploaded to a separate device in case of any issues
RSVP: Name and presentation title submitted by 10 May to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Non-member (CPD certificate available for $25):
Partners and Supporters