The Australasian Sonographers Association (ASA) is the peak body representing sonographers’ interests across Australia and New Zealand. With over 70 percent of sonographers as members, the ASA is the major provider of continuing professional development, the leading voice in advocacy, and provides the most relevant and up-to-date local and global information about the profession. The ASA works tirelessly to promote sonographers as the experts in ultrasound and build the profile of sonographers in Australasia.
Our exclusive group professional insurance policy provides members with a comprehensive yet cost-effective insurance option.
View the range of membership categories available to determine your membership type.
View the member benefits table here for the full range of benefits to ASA membership. Including:
- ASA Online – Australaisa's largest resource for online learning
- Sonographer career listings – where all the major employers go
- Sonography – the ASA’s peer review journal
- Making Waves in Sonography Research – our expert review of current sonography research topics
- Cross section – fortnightly e-news updates
- MyCPD – where we will keep track of your CPD points for you
- Ask an Expert - AMS members can have a clinical question answered by one of the ASA Special Interest Groups
- Round the clock support - A dedicated member services team
For me, the ASA is a very well organised, professional association that totally represents sonographers interests by providing many things like comprehensive insurance, up-to-date learning opportunities, easy CPD and is the main voice for Sonographers within the Australasian community. – Louise Worley
The ASA benefits all our members, allowing those who have real-world knowledge to pass that information and experience on to the next generation of sonographers. Having a ready-made network of skilled members providing a steady stream of live workshops, seminars and webinars is invaluable. – James Maunder
ASA membership, for me, is the primary go-to resource for sonography professional support. – Sandy Maranna