Mental health and resilience resources
In the evolving landscape of healthcare and sonography, many of us still face challenges that affect our health and wellbeing. In the wake of COVID-19, we continue to feel the residual effects that have left an impact on our lives. We understand the demands, the pressures, and the pursuit of balance that define our industry.
The ASA has put together a list of resources and links to help you prioritise your mental health.
Online resources and support
- BEYOND BLUE - Mental Wellbeing Resources
- BLACK DOG INSTITUTE - Resources for health professionals
- THIS WAY UP - Check your levels of stress, anxiety, and depression
- AUSTRALIAN PSYCHOLOGICAL SOCIETY - Find a Psychologist
- HEAD TO HEALTH - Australian Government mental health support
- THE ESSENTIAL NETWORK (TEN) is an e-health hub developed for health care professionals to manage burnout and maintain good mental health.
- MENTAL HEALTH FOUNDATION (NZ) – Mauri Tū Mauri Ora
- BLACK DOG INSTITUTE - Accredited webinars for health professionals
- MELON is an outstanding NZ government app to help with mental health and wellness
- NSW GOVERNMENT Health Independent and professional wellbeing advice line for health workers
- THIS WAY UP – Expert tips and free online tools to help you navigate a challenging time.
- THE LOWDOWN is a direct and devoted resource to depression and anxiety in NZ
- HEADSPACE Mindfulness for your everyday life
- SMILING MIND provides practical tools to support good mental health
- GROOV is a platform that gives you the tools you need to thrive at home and at work.
Australian crisis hotlines
- BEYOND BLUE | 1800 512 348 | www.beyondblue.org.au
- LIFELINE | 13 11 14 | www.lifeline.org.au – A crisis support and suicide prevention service for all Australians
- SUICIDE CALL BACK SERVICE | 1300 659 467 | www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au – A free service for people who are suicidal, caring for someone who is suicidal, bereaved by suicide or are health professionals supporting people affected by suicide Australia wide
New Zealand crisis hotlines
- LIFELINE | 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- THE LOWDOWN | 0800 111 757 | www.thelowdown.co.nz
- SUICIDE CRISIS HELPLINE | 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- HEALTHLINE | 0800 611 116
- SAMARITANS | 0800 726 666
If you require further information please email email@example.com